A small new tree lined development off Northwood End Road in the village of Haynes, to the south-east of Bedford.
The development will consist of 27 high quality energy efficient, 1, 2, 3, and 4 bedroom houses, bungalows and apartments. This includes:
- 2 x 1 bedroom apartments
- 5 x 2 bedroom houses
- 8 x 3 bedroom houses
- 3 x 4 bedroom houses
- 1 x 4 bedroom houses with double garage (that could be converted to an annexe, subject to planning permission)
- 3 x 2 bedroom bungalows
- 2 x 2 bedroom bungalows (built to a larger specification suitable for conversion in the future for a wheelchair user)
- 3 x self build plots
Lower bills achieved by having air-source heat pumps, solar heating and photovoltaic energy generating panels, high levels of insulation, double glazed windows and doors.
- Carbon emissions savings in the region of 50% more than standard homes.
- On plot parking
- Mixer taps
- Floor coverings
- LED lighting
- Turfed and fenced gardens
- Doors opening onto a paved patio area (houses only)
- Electric car charger
- Outside tap
- Ensuite bathrooms (in most homes)
- An additional downstairs shower room in 4 bedroom homes
- Professionally designed and landscaped shared outdoor spaces
- All our homes are designed to be easily accessible by people with mobility difficulties and wheelchair users. This includes level access and turning spaces in rooms
- A few homes are made larger to allow for conversion for a full wheelchair user specification, including wheelchair accessible shower rooms and kitchens that can be adapted to have variable height work surfaces, lower electrical sockets etc
New Vista Homes will make financial contributions through the planning process that can be used to assist with improvements to children’s playing facilities and the playing fields behind the village hall. The contributions will also fund improvements to local NHS health facilities, emergency ambulance services, the local leisure centre, Haynes Community Village Hall and Mission Hall.
Haynes has popular schools with both the village lower school and the middle school (Robert Bloomfield in Shefford) achieving outstanding in their latest Ofsted report. The upper school (Samuel Whitbread in Shefford) achieved a good rating and is also very popular.
The Village benefits from The Greyhound Public House amongst other amenities.
Easy Access to the A6 and A600 with the A1 and M1 within a 15-20 minute drive away.
Close to Stewartby and Flitwick train stations.
Haynes is close to Ampthill, Biggleswade, Kempston and Flitwick.