A small new tree lined development of 29 homes in the heart of the historic village of Caddington, to the south of Bedfordshire.
The exquisitely designed development will comprise of 29 high quality energy efficient, 2, 3, and 4 bedroom homes, set in a landscaped setting, to include:
- 6 x 2-bedroom bungalows (2 of the bungalow are larger so they can be easily adapted to meet the needs of wheelchair users)
- 4 x 3-bedroom bungalows
- 5 x 2-bedroom houses
- 9 x 3-bedroom houses
- 4 x 4-bedroom houses
- 1 x 4-bedroom house with double garage (with potential to convert to self contained annex, subject to planning permission)
- Lower bills achieved by having air-source heat pumps, solar heating and photovoltaic energy generating panels, high levels of insulation, double glazed windows and doors
- Carbon emissions savings in the region of 50% more than standard homes
- On plot parking
- Mixer taps
- Floor coverings
- LED lighting
- Turfed and fenced gardens
- Doors opening onto a paved patio area
- Electric car charger
- Outside tap
- Ensuite bathrooms (in most homes)
- An additional downstairs shower room in 4 bedroom homes
- Professionally designed and landscaped shared outdoor spaces
- All our homes are designed to be easily accessible by people with mobility difficulties and wheelchair users. This includes level access and turning spaces in rooms
- A few homes are made larger to allow for conversion for a full wheelchair user specification, including wheelchair accessible shower rooms and kitchens that can be adapted to have variable height work surfaces, lower electrical sockets etc
New Vista Homes will make financial contributions through the planning process to transform the former primary school into a fully functioning community centre.
The village of Caddington sits in the catchment areas of Caddington Village School and Manshead CE Academy Haynes, both popular and both achieving a ‘Good’ rating their respective OFSTED reports.
The Village benefits from The Chequers Pub, with the Plough to the south of the village.
Easy Access to the M1 and M25, with Luton airport a short drive away.
Close to Luton Rail station, providing 30 minute journey time to London St Pancras.