A new development set back in the private setting of Houghton Close, off Oliver Street and within walking distance to the pretty town centre of Ampthill.
The proposed development will consist of 38 high quality energy efficient homes, bungalows and apartments from 1 – 4 bedrooms. This will include:
- 13 x 1 bedroom apartments
- 4 x 2 bedroom apartments (built to a larger specification suitable for conversion in the future for a wheelchair user)
- 5 x 2 bedroom bungalows (including 2 custom build plots)
- 3 x 2 bedroom terrace houses
- 8 x 3 bedroom houses (including 2 custom build plots)
- 3 x 4 bedroom houses
- 2 x 4 bedroom bungalows
Lower bills achieved by having air-source heat pumps, solar heating and photovoltaic energy generating panels, high levels of insulation, double glazed windows and doors.
- Carbon emissions savings in the region of 50% more than standard homes.
- On plot parking
- Mixer taps
- Floor coverings
- LED lighting
- Turfed and fenced gardens
- Doors opening onto a paved patio area (houses only)
- Electric car charger
- Outside tap
- Ensuite bathrooms (in most homes)
- An additional downstairs shower room in 4 bedroom homes
- Professionally designed and landscaped shared outdoor spaces
- All our homes are designed to be easily accessible by people with mobility difficulties and wheelchair users. This includes level access and turning spaces in rooms
- A few homes are made larger to allow for conversion for a full wheelchair user specification, including wheelchair accessible shower rooms and kitchens that can be adapted to have variable height work surfaces, lower electrical sockets etc
New Vista Homes will make financial contributions through the planning process that can be used to assist with improvements to Education, Health, Local Community and Playing facilities in Ampthill.
The area of Ampthill lies 7 miles south of Bedford and is a historic market town. Located along the A507, Ampthill is within easy access to the A6 and M1. Public transport is easily accessible with bus services to Bedford, Milton Keynes, and Dunstable. Flitwick train station is located under 2 miles from the centre of Ampthill.
Ampthill is a saught after area to live with its excellent schooling, stunning Georgian town centre playing host to a vast array of local businesses.
Ampthill is an area which hosts open green spaces, including, Ampthill Great Park, a 160-acre parkland. There are an abundance of walking and cycle routes through woodlands, hills, and country lanes. The town also has several sporting clubs available for residents including, the town football club, cricket club, bowls club, rugby club and Flitwick leisure centre is situated under 2 miles from Ampthill centre.